Who We Are
One Spirit~One Call is a response to the Spirit moving in the Catholic Church today. We are women who embrace the vision of a Church that truly honors the gifts of all its members. We are not leaving; we choose to remain in the Church, working to see our vision realized.
One Spirit~One Call works to promote justice for all women in the Catholic Church and to achieve systemic reform within the Church, through a ministry of support, education and empowerment.
- The Church is the whole people of God: lay women and men, clergy, and hierarchy together.
- Women are children of God through creation and baptism and are equal to men.
- In spite of societal progress, women are still excluded from major governance roles in the Church.
- The Church must reclaim the reforms established by Vatican II and restore its teachings.
- Educate women in the history of the Catholic Church and their roles in the Church.
- Increase awareness among women and men of the longstanding injustices to women in the Church.
- Ensure that the untapped potential of women is fostered and embraced in the Church.
- Provide strong role models for Catholic girls and young women.
- Give Catholic women a forum to express their stories, ideas and goals.
- Sponsor events to educate, provide support, and empower women in the Church.
- Determine further actions based on the needs and interests of grassroots participants.
Save the date: Sr. Simone Campbell will be speaking on Nov. 16 at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral.